Divorce coaches are trained mental-health professionals who work with you and your challenges through a divorce. They have unique expertise in divorce, co-parenting, parental planning, child development and the impact that divorce has on children.
A divorce coach can assist you in making that first big decision: what kind of divorce is best for me? It’s a good idea to get assistance deciding on which on which method is most appropriate for your family. Whether it is a do-it-yourself divorce, mediation or litigation, the process you choose will dramatically affect what lies ahead.
A divorce coach will provide their expertise, support, and guidance as you navigate the often complex legal process. In addition, they will help build or strengthen your skills to cope with your emotions, especially at meetings with professionals and your spouse.
Be aware, anybody can hang out a shingle as a divorce coach. I recommend you choose a certified divorce coach.
10 Reasons to Hire a Divorce Coach
- A divorce coach will help you relax and deal with the emotional stress.
- They will help you focus and stay on track.
- A divorce coach can assist you in developing good communication, boundaries, and effective strategies for dealing with the inevitable issues that will arise.
- They will help you get past your anger and assist you in thinking clearly with a level head.
- A divorce coach can help boost your confidence which can hit all-time lows through a difficult divorce.
- They can help you get “unstuck” as a result of being paralyzed by your fears.
- A divorce coach can guide and empower you to make the changes that are necessary through and after the divorce process.
- They can help you make wise and sound decisions about the future for you and your children.
- A divorce coach can help you with the healing process and give you concrete steps on how to move forward in your new life.
- They can design a new life path that comes from abundance, joy, and fulfillment, instead of scarcity, fear, and anger.